Announcing Small Group MBA Workshops for Deferred Admissions Applicants
Let’s Get Efficient
With the launch of our new Small Group MBA Workshops, we’re offering the benefit of working with a Vantage Point MBA consultant in small, high value sessions where you’ll receive some personalized feedback alongside learning from the questions and feedback of your fellow participants. Whether you’re just getting started, looking for a starting point, or halfway through, these sessions are designed to empower you with the knowledge and feedback that you need to take your application to the next level. For now, we are only offering these sessions for deferred admissions applicants.
Small Group MBA Workshops are perfect for you if you,
- Are applying to a top MBA program’s deferred admissions program this year (ie. you are an undergrad or masters student right now)
- Would like some expert feedback on your initial essay or storyline ideas in order to jumpstart or enhance your application so that you can be as competitive as possible
- Are looking for shorter, but powerful bursts of valuable advice and information so that you can accelerate your application process and ensure you’re focusing on the right areas
- Would like a gut check and someone to flag potential pitfalls as you are starting this often complex and multidimensional application process
How it Works
- Prework: each participant will complete and submit three documents – 1) an MBA resume in the suggested format that we will provide, 2) a completed Vantage Point Personal Brand Exercise, and 3) a completed Vantage Point MBA Strategy form
- Initial Evaluation: your Vantage Point coach will evaluate the materials you submit and provide high level feedback in a written feedback form to further guide your workshop preparation
- Workshop: the workshop will start with introductions and then an overview of how to submit a competitive application leveraging your coach’s years of experience guiding successful applicants to acceptance at the top ranked programs. Then, there will be two action sessions where we will use your submitted materials to drive discussions about the MBA resume and most importantly, your personal brand or story. These two documents – the summary of your past in the resume and the summary of your future vision in your personal brand – are the foundational aspects of any winning MBA application, and we will leverage examples from the group to discuss the best strategy for each and provide feedback on your specific ideas and strategies.
What You’ll Walk Away With
- Priorities: You’ll leave this session with a clear sense of where you need to prioritize your time and focus in order to submit the best possible application
- An Understanding of What Success Looks Like: From the preliminary and in-workshop feedback, you’ll have concrete feedback to guide your path to refining your story and positioning yourself for success. MBA applications often ask vague, open-ended questions, so this session will equip you with an understanding of what exactly they are looking for and what you need to do to get there
- 90 minute workshops
- Limited to 5 participants
- The sessions will be led by one of the Vantage Point MBA co-founders, Meredith Shields or Melody Jones
- $200 to attend
- Dates and Times:
- February 15th, 1:30-3:00pm ET
- February 18th, 1:30-3:00pm ET
- Additional dates will be released
- Request a spot by completing the initial consultation request on our website and selecting “Application Workshop” under the question “What Vantage Point Services Are You Most Interested in”. We will email you directly to discuss which dates you’d prefer and answer any questions you may have.
- We will accept sign-ups for each session on a first-come, first-serve basis
How is this Different from a Free Webinar or VP’s Traditional Consulting Services?
Generally, our free webinars and our traditional consulting services are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Free webinars are a great hunting ground for information, but normally it’s high level, and not specific to different application situations – some may apply to you, some not. On the other end of the spectrum, our traditional consulting services are one-on-one and highly personalized and customized to the unique needs of each applicant. These are longer term, more intensive coaching relationships for those who want a great deal of personal feedback and strategizing. Our new workshops fall between those two ends of the spectrum: for a small group, alongside providing the most value-added information that is likely relevant to the group as a whole, we can also provide some personalized feedback and address individual situations. The group setting also has the added benefit of learning from the questions that your fellow participants ask as well as hearing the feedback that they receive.